When your partner gets injured, you rappelled past the anchor, or the terrain is simply too hard, having a handful of tricks up your sleeve could make the difference between having a small misadventure or having to call for a rescue. In this clinic, you will learn and practice the skills to get you and your climbing partner to safety when your multi-pitch doesn’t go as planned.
This is a skills intensive course and will be focused on developing proficiency with techniques on the ground, then transferring them into a vertical (single-pitch setting).
Note: the course involves ground school and hanging in your harness working on skills and includes very little rock climbing!
This 2-day clinic will cover the following:
• Mastery of ATC guide or Reverso (or other tube-style locking belay devices) - They are useful for SO MUCH MORE than just belaying!
• Load transfers - belay escape, passing a knot, unweighting a stuck haul bag, etc.
• Rope ascension
• Rappels - preventing things from going wrong and what to do when things do go wrong.
• Hauling systems
• Practice scenarios that involve practical application of the above skills
● 2 full days of climbing instruction - expect to be out from 8:00am-5:00pm
● Climbing equipment - personal climbing gear (harness, helmet, shoes and belay device) and group gear (ropes and hardware)
Does NOT include:
● Transport to and from the climbing area