Rock Climbing Weekend
Next Trip: Oct. 11-13th | Trip Details:
For those who want the fast track to climbing success, we combine our beginner and intermediate rock climbing courses into a jam-packed climbing weekend. Providing all the gear, profession instruction, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 2 nights of camping under the stars, there’s no better way to get the “hang” of things!
Departure Time8 am
Return Time5 pm
Dress CodeSee Tour Plan
Tour Plan and Info
**Optional extra day of multi-pitch climbing Thursday, October 10th or Monday, October 14th. Get in touch for more details.
- From 4 p.m. onward, meet at group campsite, there is no specific time, as many of you will be driving to Lone Pine this night. You can also arrive on Saturday morning, just get in touch to work out the details
- Register and sign paperwork - This is a good time to get fitted for climbing shoes, helmets, harnesses, and belay devices, should you need any of these items
- Set up your tent and sleeping area.
- We will have a fire going once it gets dark and you will use this time to get to know one another.
- Make breakfast and lunches to bring with for your climbing day.
- You will climb most the day and have informational and skill seminars.
- The first day of our class, we will teach you the skills required to get out and climb! Tying a figure 8 knot, belaying with precision, getting comfortable with the gear, and basic climbing movement will be covered in our highly efficient beginner course.
- Head back to the campground for dinner, relaxing, and fire.
- Make breakfast and lunches to bring with you for our climbing day
- If you plan to leave after climbing, this will be a good time to break down your tents.
- More skill seminars and more climbing.
- Now we will build on your beginner skills and focus on improving as a competent climber. We will cover some more movement skills, lead belaying, and how to clean an anchor. You will leave with more confidence in your skills and a greater understanding of how the whole system works.
- At 4 p.m. you will reconvene and say your goodbyes